People often want to know what they can do to lower their utility bills. Here are some some programs that may help.

US Department of Energy

The U.S. Department of Energy sponsors a weatherization assistance program to help eligible households permanently reduce their energy bill by making their homes more energy efficient. Applications information is available at: www.eere.energy.gov/weatherization/

Low-Income Assistance Program

There is also Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps qualified low-income households meet their energy needs. You can contact The National Energy Assistance Referral Project at: 866-674-6327, or by email at: energyassistance@ncat.org, or visit their website at: http://www.liheap.org.